In our previous article we highlighted how failing to handle problems/disagreements effectively can often lead to full blown disputes which are then costly, disruptive and a distraction to businesses.
Following on from this, our commercial litigation team recently held a series of seminars across the South West to help businesses understand how to resolve their disputes quickly, thereby avoiding the courts and achieving settlement.
We had positive feedback and the seminars generated some interesting discussion, notably -
- Mediation - making the best use of it and tactics to adopt
- Soft negotiation skills and how to break deadlocks
- Part 36 – putting on pressure to settle through the prospect of raised costs and damages
Key take away points:
- The ways that settlement and legal negotiating techniques can and should be adapted for the context of each issue and the personalities involved
- The importance of knowing the strength of your legal as well as commercial position
- The importance of understanding your options in a pre-litigation situation
Hosted by Mark Rhys-Jones, partner with significant experience of advising clients on disputes of all types particularly those which are high value, complex and business critical, together with Dickon Court, senior associate who advises major public and private sector clients in disputes involving professional negligence, insolvency and contracts, and others from the Foot Anstey Dispute Resolution team, this hugely popular seminar series is proving invaluable for businesses across all sectors.
To ensure you receive an invite for the next event, please get in touch.
Failing to handle problems/disagreements effectively can often lead to full blown disputes which are then costly, disruptive and a distraction to businesses.